Skye Instruments is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. We take this responsibility very seriously, therefore, take care to safeguard it. This policy outlines what data we collect, how we may use it, how we protect your data and your rights, and how you can exercise those rights.
We will use the information you give us to provide you with the information and services you have requested.
We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
If you tell us you don’t want to receive future marketing, we will stop sending them. We will, of course, continue to send essential information relating to a product or service you have purchased to keep you informed about vital information relevant to that product or service, unless requested not too.
We will put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure. We will not share your information with anybody else, apart from our network of contractual distributors in your own country, and also for delivery purposes.
If you have further questions please get in touch with us by writing to the Data Compliance Officer, Skye Instruments Ltd, 21 Ddole Enterprise Park, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6DF, UK
Why we collect your data
We collect personal data for many reasons. These include:
- to provide you with the information and services and you have requested
- to continue to send essential information relating to a product or service you have purchased to keep you informed about vital information relevant to that product or service
- to record and contact you regarding payments you make to Skye Instruments
- to assist with delivery of your order or service
Transfers of data outside of the European Economic Area
All internal documents and information generated by Skye are stored in cloud services hosted within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Retention of your data
The length of time that data will be kept may depend on the reasons for which we are processing the data and on the law or regulations that the information falls under, such as financial regulations, Limitations Act, Health and Safety regulation etc.
Personal data obtained through sales enquires or purchasing are kept permanently, until you request that we remove your personal data from our records.
You have many rights under data protection legislation. These include:
- Right of Access
- You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to ask, in writing, to see your records.
- We will supply any information you ask for that we hold about you as soon as possible, but this may take up to 30 days. We will not charge you for this other than in exceptional circumstances. This is called a data subject access, and can be done by:
- emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to the Data Compliance Officer, Skye Instruments Ltd, 21 Ddole Enterprise Park, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6DF, UK